Monday, February 8, 2010

Valentine's Day Flea Market Window

We've all seen these and purchased these at the Flea Market's.  How can you resist these with the chipping paint and all the character it has?

I picked this window up last year and I use it as a large picture frame. 

Hubby was *tidying* his home office and gifted me with a box of transparency film that he was going to toss out.  He asked if I could use them for anything...ding-ding-ding...of course I can! 

I've been printing out pictures on the transparency film and putting them in this window frame!

I printed these images from here and here.  I taped wrapping paper on the back.  It's hard to see, it's brown paper with a lace print (from Dollar Tree!).  Usually, I don't put paper on the back, this gives these images more dimension.


I taped each of the transparencies to the corners of the front side of the glass with double-sided clear tape.






I have printed Black & White photo's for this and it looks great.  Soon, I'll print out some Easter images!  If you have a box of transparency film hanging around - try using them!  They still sell them in the office supply stores too.  I know, because I had to buy another box of them already!  *Enjoy*

I'm linking today to The Creative Girl, Between Naps on the Porch, Making the World Cuter

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE what you did with this window !! So creative and festive for Valentine's Day !! Perfect. And, thank you for your sweet note about my red/monkey mudroom. I wish you'd post pics of your red mudroom, too !! Take care, Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so clever! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love that window! I love old windows..I've been wanting to collect more and make a greenhouse with them. Maybe this summer I will get around to it!

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Valentine window it is so creative and even a little romantic, so pretty...thanks so much for sharing yourl talents, I am a new follower of yours and i will come back again to visit, come on over and visit me...Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I love seeing what is created from the images I post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, I love those images! So dang cute!
    Love it!
    Thanks for sharing-
    Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  7. So clever! You have my "wheels turning" thinking of uses for transparency film. Great job.
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete