Thursday, February 4, 2010

Cocktails with Sandra - Super Bowl XLIV

This week's Cocktails with Sandra is not with Sandra!  I couldn't find any of Sandra's cocktails that were Super Bowl XLIV ~ Colts vs. Saints appropriate.  So I found two that are!



The Hurricane - representing the New Orleans Saints!

This drink is very good, reminds me of being on vacation - somewhere warm!  This is a popular Southern drink and was created in New Orleans!


The Sapphire Martini - representing the Indianapolis Colts!



This is a good Martini to sip on - *blue* drinks always make me feel like I'm drinking something strange - maybe because they remind me of Windex.  


Why do I have a sourdough bread round in the picture too?

This is a favorite appetizer I make for the Super Bowl!  It's a touchdown with the fan's!

Super Bowl Sourdough Loaf


2 C sharp cheddar, shredded
3 oz cream cheese
1 1/2 C sour cream
1 C cooked ham, diced
1/2 C green onion
3 oz can green chilies
1 t worcestershire sauce
1 sourdough loaf, round


Cut circle in top of bread leaving 1/2 shell. Cut removed bread into 1" cubes.


Combine cheddar cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, ham, onion, chilies, w. sauce. Put in bread, replace top. Wrap in foil. Put on cookie sheet. Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes at 375.



Based on my favorite drink of the two - the New Orleans Saints are winning on Sunday!  *Go Saints*

No comments:

Post a Comment