Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Silver Tweets

I picked up these *Tweets* at Dollar Tree -  they say Spring...birds, green grass, flowers...not what we currently have - snow, snow and snow.

It looks like they're planning their escape to a warmer climate!  Let's all head South!


I wanted them to be similar and not white.  I got a can of Krylon Metallic Brilliant Silver spray paint.  Spray painting in the cold is not easy to do - even in a garage.   The paint doesn't want to dry. 

It was about 33 degree's here on Monday {a heat wave} and I sprayed these all in a cardboard box and brought them in to dry.  It does say on the can "Indoor" however, I would never spray paint in the house. 

 Now they all match! 






 Really a candle holder - but I like her being an egg holder!




Silver Tweets ~ an ode to Spring! 

My calendar says the first day of Spring is March 20th - I can't wait!  I'll be doing a lot more spray painting when warm weather finally arrives!

11 comments:

  1. Very good make over! They look so classy now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did to these birdies! I may have to venture over to Dollar Tree and pick some up for a little revamp as well. Excellent job... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wonderful what a little spray paint can do to make something beautiful! Just found your blog...come say hi sometime. Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your birdies turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Pretty, I love how your birds look silver!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty and a great idea! Thanks for sharing......

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look so cute, I love the one with the little eggs on him:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty silver birds...I have one of the red ones (cardinal) and showed it in a vignette last Friday:
    http://oakrisecottage.blogspot.com/2010/02/winter-cloche-party.html
    Thanks for visiting. Have a great week,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  9. quick question about your spraying outside and then bringing them inside to dry....did they smell? You know that awful spray paint smell? My husband and I were just talking about this because I had wanted to spray paint something and I mentioned doing it outside and then bringing it inside to dry and he said it would still smell and he didn't really want the boys to smell it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The smell wasn't too bad. If you have somewhere to put them while drying and not close to children it should be okay. Or you could paint them with craft paint, there is metalic craft paint. I can't wait for warm weather a.k.a. spray paint weather! ~Marcy

    ReplyDelete