Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Succulent fountain

I had this water fountain that the pump stopped working -
so it's now a Succulent Fountain.

I've had great success with succulent (sedum) plants,
they don't need much attention!


this fountain is on the side of our house where we have groundcover growing
so there's not much of an opportunity to plant any flowers.

I used hen and chicks, bronze carpet stonecrop,
gray stonecrop, and plain old stonecrop!


I'm thinking the butterflies will enjoy this too!




Have a great day!


I'm linking today to:

9 comments:

  1. What a great idea to repurpose that......love all the succulent plant choices....looks great Marcy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! It is so pretty and good use of an otherwise 'useless' item! Great job Marcy!


    -heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! What a wonderful idea. Thats what I love about blogging friends, we share such fantastic things. Happy Outdoor Wed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've repurposed your fountain and you did a wonderful job using succulents. I want to do the same thing with a birdbath I have. Thanks for giving me the idea!
    -marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea, it is beautiful! And low maintenance which I love =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fountain makeover is wonderful! What a great idea for reusing/recycling such a beautiful piece of art!

    Happy Outdoor Wednesday,

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you did to the fountain. It's beautiful, and a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful the way you planted it with succulent and sedum plants. It looks lovely and the plants do look very healthy - mine are stressed out with all the rain and cold nights we have been having here in the Pacific North West.

    Happy Outdoor Wednesday.

    Joanny

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea. That looks beautiful! I love all the succulents. They're so low-maintenance!

    ReplyDelete