Monday, January 4, 2010

Magnetic Attraction!

Here’s a project that’s fun - first I used this site BeFunky to create this picture of the *furry kids*. Caution: This site is addicting! You’ll be experimenting with all your pictures!
Next, I made some bottle cap magnets, I spelled out the names of the two furry kids – using Tim Holtz Distressables Alphas & Numbers CD, he has a little thing called a copyright disclaimer, so I can’t share the images with you. If you do a lot of scrap booking, etc. this CD is great for digital imaging. I have two of his digital image CDs and I love all the graphics. You can find these at the major craft stores.


I used the typewriter key fonts and sized them so I could punch them out with a 1 inch circle punch. Printed them out on card stock. Placed them in the bottle cap's and covered the images with Inkssentials Glossy Accents – it’s in the scrap booking section at Michael's and Joann’s (use a coupon!). It took about 24 hours for the gel to dry and then I glued (use extra strength glue like 600 Glue) the magnets on the backs of each.

I got a metal picture frame from Hobby Lobby (of course I used a coupon!) and put the picture in and the magnets on the frame! I made some extra magnets to have on the side of the fridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment