Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sew What...

My cute little niece *Grace* turned 14 this past November and all she wanted was sewing lessons from her favorite aunt! I can't wait to start teaching her how to sew!

This was Grace's birthday present ~ I thought this wire dressform would be great for a little seamstress in the making. She can decorate it with all her new creations! She's added some *flare* to this already ~ a crown, some pearls, and a black and white polka dot belt!

My project today was inspired by Grace! I got this dress form at Michaels, toile tissue paper, Mod Podge, an unused pattern and old thread spindles I picked up at the flea market.

Viola! Sew simple - no sewing!

I Mod Podged the tissure paper on the form and made the ruffled ballerina skirt out of the pattern pieces and used a thread spindle as the base. Grace will have a surprise waiting for her when we start sewing lessons! *Sew Pretty*

No comments:

Post a Comment