Thursday, November 18, 2010

May the force be with you

Okay, i'm a little corny here ~

i'm forcing bulbs...Paperwhites to be exact!

I always forget to get bulbs for forcing inside,
so I marked on my calendar for November...buy bulbs

if you try going in December or later
they're gone for the season


i stocked up too!
i plan to stagger them in stages
so i'll have them blooming for several weeks
this winter


plant them in a container with some little rocks and water them!

 i'm trying this tip on how to keep
them from getting to tall and top heavy...a little vodka!
Drunken Paperwhites!


these bulbs were .60/each
a lot less costly, than one of those kits
that come with one bulb, rocks, and a ugly container
 

Paperwhites...a beautiful, sweet smelling
Spring reminder
in Winter!



4 comments:

  1. Vodka??? really? How funny. Well, I have similar vessels all over my house with the same little bursts of life coming up. Nothing beats the winter blues like these beauties...right?

    Love yurt creative post and lovely photos...made me smile this morning. Can't wait for the blooms. Gotta tray the vodka too : )

    Have a great day,

    Cori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos, nothing like paperwhites this time of year!
    May the force be with them.
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paperwhites, so pretty. I might try that too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely!
    I just posted about Paper Whites not too long ago too. Aren't they just the best? Love the container, it's perfect for them, they're going to look fab.

    ReplyDelete