Friday, November 12, 2010

New horizons

I love taking pictures, and two years ago I got Photoshop Elements 7
(yep, the current version is Elements 9), installed it; however I couldn't figure it out...
I bought books, watched countless video's on You Tube
and I still couldn't figure it out. 

inspiration-studio

Then, I happened upon Kim Klassen at her Kim Klassen Cafe and my life has changed!

I've been taking Kim's Skinny-Mini ecourse and the world of Photoshop has just opened up for me 

Kim is so generous...this class is FREE!

Here's some of my completed homework projects...
yes, she's gives out homework assignments - but these are fun!


some textures i've been playing with...


compared to where i was a week ago -
i mean two years ago...
i've taken giant steps into the world of Photoshop!


pictures will never be the same for me now!


 my before shots




If Photoshop is something you'd like
to gain some insight on,
or learn some hot new tips & tricks 

 pay Kim a visit, she'll open up a whole new world for you!


6 comments:

  1. Wow, that is quite something! Great job...looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the mini e-course closed? The link on Kim's page is not active.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Deb and Mark - I thought I had an email from Kim that you could still sign up for it - I recommend you sign up on her home page for emails (she sends great *free* textures and tips too). Also, maybe send Kim an email and see if you can sign up or when the next session starts. The course is excellent! ~Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great! I have an older version of Photoshop and it blows my mind. I have to ask my 18 year old for lessons! She has taught me several things but there is still so much to learn. I wouldn't call it user friendly!

    Jo @ SmileMonsters

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are wonderful!!! What a great site too, thanks for recommending it!
    I wanted to let you know Marcy, that I'll be bragging about you tomorrow! I'm featuring your darling Map Wreath on my Brag Monday post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that Kim! And Hey! I found you over at the Graphics Fairy spot. I just wasted er...spent the greater part of my morning reading your blog. You've done some GREAT re-dos! If I didn't have to get ready for work I'd read on...

    Have a terrific week. - Kathy

    ReplyDelete