Friday, March 9, 2012

Memory bank

Seems like i have a reoccurring project theme
going on here...yes, it's another thrift store chair...

 here's the ~after~


 I passed by this chair, all alone in the thrift store

I realized why -

 it had the dreaded gash in the cane
backing...
I've overlooked many of these orphans in the thrift stores

however, I remembered reading a post from
Miss Mustard Seed on what to do with a cane issue like this,

 so I backed up and purchased this lonely chair for...$4.00!



 the gash is hard to see in the picture but it's there...


Painted Pure White ASCP on the chair and
used my left over drop cloth fabric for the seat, front and back
{trim is from Hancock Fabric}
I followed MMS's tutorial

I did a minimal amount of sanding and then wax (clear)


This is now in the guest bedroom, where my favorite guest sleeps,
my granddaughter!
Where we have some Goodnight Moon reading time together!

Thanks for stopping by!

Linking up to:

MMS - Furniture Feature Friday

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful chair for a little girl to curl up in with Grandma! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Nicely done! It looks beautiful and what an amazing price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out so pretty! I have been wanting to use the same tutorial for a cane chair I purchased from a thrift store as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a bargain and it turned out so lovely. Thanks so much for sharing. I love it.
    Thanks for coming by my blog and leaving kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have almost the exact same chair. You did a beautiful job refinishing your chair. Now I have some inspiration for my chair when I am ready to transform it.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you're trying hard to lose pounds then you certainly have to start following this brand new personalized keto diet.

    To create this keto diet, licensed nutritionists, fitness couches, and cooks have joined together to develop keto meal plans that are useful, suitable, cost-efficient, and delightful.

    Since their grand opening in 2019, 100's of people have already completely transformed their figure and well-being with the benefits a good keto diet can provide.

    Speaking of benefits: in this link, you'll discover 8 scientifically-tested ones offered by the keto diet.

    ReplyDelete