Sunday, August 14, 2011

Garden Gate

We took the plunge this summer and fenced our yard,
this has been on my wish list for about seven years now.
Having two dogs, it's been wonderful letting them out now!

Of course, I needed to accessorize the gate
with some gate bling...{insert eye roll here from hubby}


The gate needed a heart shaped wreath, and one that could withstand the elements
and the wildlife!


I was all set to make a burlap wreath...then I happened to capture this little one...
I couldn't figure out why the banner was falling apart...
somewhere, there's a burlap birds nest or two.


Plan B, I got this punch and a roll of aluminum from Hobby Lobby


Punched out a swarm of fluttering butterflies ~
 it was fun doing punch outs on aluminum,
folding the wings up and they hold their shape. 
Glued them on a heart shaped wreath and sprayed it white. 




A nice welcoming addition, to a boring gate {insert another hubby eye roll!}


Butterfly bling, and the birds can't make off with them!

1 comment:

  1. That really is sweet! I didn't know they had a punch that could cut metal like that! Very inventive!

    ReplyDelete