Monday, August 17, 2009

Just Call Me a Cigar *Box* Aficionado !

I don't know what it is, but I love cigar boxes. I love the smell of them and I love the all different designs of the boxes. I even love the smell of a cigar that hasn't been lit – that's where my love stops, I cannot stand the smell of a burning cigar...ugghhh!


I collected 30 cigar boxes, some cigar stores give them away or they sell them for next to nothing. What was I going to do with all of these?


I wanted to make a floor lamp with them! I saw something many years ago on HGTV (I can't remember which show...sorry!) they made a floor lamp with the cigar boxes...they drilled holes in the center of them and viola!
So, that's just what I did! Or should I say, I had Eric drill the holes and then I assembled it! Teamwork!

My baby boy, {Ryan} just moved out, so I gave the cigar box lamp to him (picture is in our family room) for his new apartment, he loved it...big surprise, when you're children leave the nest, they all of a sudden appreciate you and the things you do for them. I think the two pan's of lasagna and meatballs I prepared for him to eat during the week also helped out! I had fun doing this project, number 10,367 on my list of projects to complete! *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment